Friday, November 12, 2010

Things have continued to look up :)
I was asked by one of the doctor about my back pain and I told him that the mattress was rather hard and that the bed is too small. I told him that I was thinking of sleeping on tha sofas in the lounge area, or getting my wife to bring in my Tempur mattress to sleep on. He agreed that the mattresses are hard and that I am a but large for the bed. Then about ten minutes later one of the nurses and the house cleaning staff came by with a different mattress, it is essentially a hospital version of my beloved Tempur mattress :) maybe I will sleep the whole night through!!
When the doctors came through today to look at my wound, clean and dress it they put an end to my hopes of an early release on Saturday. I still have a drain in place and that most likely will not come out until Monday, thus Monday is the earliest I could be released.
Ar least the drugs are working to control the pain and my bed will be much less of a torture rack.
Cheers

Stu

2 comments:

  1. Now you're cookin', Stu!

    Just keep telling the hospital staff how they can improve things and let them think it was their idea then give them the credit. As long as you do it nicely and positively, you can't lose anything and sometimes it works. Just look at your nice new mattress.

    BobH

    I saw the pic of your bed. Is it really that near the floor or is my perspective bad. If it is as low as it looks, the doctors and nurses would have to get on their knees to treat patients.

    Lunch looked pretty appetizing. Tell us what they served.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob
    The bed moves up and down as you like.
    Lunch was a small broiled piece of pork, rice, miso soup, cooked veggies, tomato juice and tea. It was good not great but good :)

    ReplyDelete