Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Some "Stuff" From Around The Hood...

Sometimes here in Japan you just see some funky stuff, the other day, walking to work, I saw this.....
... yeah, there goes the neighbourhood.... cheap bloody Italian cars...... :)


Then, on the way to the bank, I walked past this monstrosity.....


 Yes, redneck scooter trash, right here in Tokyo!
I guess if you have to ask "Why" you most likely would never understand anyway.
Notice the car tire on the rear, yes that is a nice square profile tire, not much use going round corners on a scooter that is.....

3 comments:

  1. I think you're really expecting waaaaay too much from the Japanese scooter community. It's like expecting someone with a fixie that's got the front brake on a frame-mounted lever, and teeny risers with no bar grips that his bike could be much faster and safer if...

    It just doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most likely correct Tim, but the funny thing, to me anyways, is that this is most likely a one off job, that must have cost a pretty penny, but, I don't think this scooter moves much, I've walked by it several times in the last week or two (it is on the way down to the Bunka Center) and I don't think it has moved an inch :) Want to bet the guy that did this finds it almost impossible to use?

    Good for a laugh, for sure, but I'm sure glad I did not pay to wreck a perfectly good ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest that going around a corner on that would be highly inadvisable. However, if I was a young J bighair dude, I could just park it across from Shibuya 109 and I'd be an instant celebrity! (you used to be able to do that with hardleys... probably was cheaper...)

    ReplyDelete