Saturday, November 13, 2010

6:40AM Tokyo November 13th.
Some thoughts.
It is cloudy and cool, yes autumn has come, the leaves are turning on the trees and most people on the street are to wearing heavier jackets. Personally I love this time of year, the oppressive heat and humidity of summer are just a faded bad memory and the cold dreary months of January & February have not yet troubled my thoughts. I am watching the last few weeks of the present year speed to an end while awaiting the promise of the new year. All in all I will not curse 2010, but I will not mourn its passing. Certainly not one of the best years I have had, we lost my dear cousin Dan, to the indiscriminate heartless evil that Cancer is, and as all know who are reading this blog I too was touched by this evil, but have been spared. On the positive side I still have my lovely wife Emiko with me as we recently celebrated 17 years of marriage. Our two beautiful daughters are both as healthy and happy as could be asked for. Our eldest daughter Erika has taken her first steps onto he
r own path in life as she has moved to Canada and is going to high school there. I miss her badly, but I am so very happy for her as she us fitting in and making new friends, having a good time and is doing well in her studies. Erika you make your mother and I very proud!!
Our youngest daughter Mizuki is blossoming as a fine young lady, she has taken on the challenge of being the captain of her volleyball team at junior high school and is working very hard to succeed, we are proud of you as well Mizuki!

While I am fighting this evil that is cancer I have been reminded of all the wonderful family and friends that I am so very fortunate to have in the world. Some who I have known most or all of my life others that I have just met and the many others who I am afraid I will never have the pleasure of meeting in person but I still consider to be friends. Yes I am very fortunate.
Yes some thoughts for cool cloudy Saturday morning in November.

Stu

6 comments:

  1. Envision your body completely free of the dark melanocytic cells. You are well and healing, Stu. Good wishes come to you from around the world. Be strong, my friend....more wood awaits you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken.
    I do feel well and am certainly on the way to full recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stu,

    In is wet and windy here in the UK I have been digging a soak-away all day but was able to to get to my wood turning club to watch an excellent demo by a turner called Chris Eagle who l had the pleasure of meeting a few years back, but it was the first time he turned in the club. During the demo he showed us a skew chisel that had a different grind its was a flat grind skew, not the sort the you Eli, & myself use :) Chris also used a Bedan, at that point l remembered the video you did of the bedan and Eli skew.
    Hope recovery is easy and swift, you are a good man it is great to have you as a friend.

    PS dates for 2011 TWW's have been published, we hope to get there again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great read, Stu. You sound in good spirits!! Looking forward to that post that says "I'm going home!!" Take care, my friend, and bask in the knowledge that you are in the hands of excellent professionals, a loving family, and a benevolent God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks fellas!
    David sounds like typical fall weather for your fair green country :)
    Not fun working outside in weather like that, but that Yew wood you are getting surely must be worth it!
    I would like to go to Jace's shindig but I very much doubt I can make it, too many expenses this year and this coming year so I will have to Skype my way in for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stu, I am pulling for you, but you already know that I believe that this is not all there is. There is so much more to look forward to! Keep fighting, keep seeking.

    ReplyDelete