Friday, November 12, 2010

I have nothing to whinge about :)
Today I met one if my ward mates, he was out of bed for the first time in two weeks, they gave him a bath or at least a shower while lying down on a special bed/table thing. He was so happy to gave had a bath! He had both of his knees replaced (dunno the details so don't ask me "why" I don't know). He said it would be at least another three months in the hospital on recovery and rehabilitation.
I guess my one week stay will be a cake walk in comparison.
It looks like the earliest I could get out would be Monday, but I think I will shoot for Tuesday, less work for Emiko taking care of a sick husband and our insurance will kick in. Make the doctors happy too as they are really concerned that the new sight of the surgery not become infected as a fairly large piece of flesh was removed.
I had a nap this afternoon on the new mattress, it us so much better than the other one :)
I have time to kill so I ave started walking around the floor I am on. It is no a long route and I only walk for 15 or 20 minutes at a time at a slow pace and I am very careful not to move my left arm much at all. It feels good to be moving.
Thanks everyone for the comments they are very nice to read and very encouraging too :)
Please keep them coming just so I know you are reading my blog

Stu

5 comments:

  1. Stu, sounds great! I know, small steps but that's how you get far, keep taking small steps.

    That lunch looks, well, like a hospital lunch. Hospital cafe food here has gotten much better but looks like the patient food there leaves something to be desired.

    Take care my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on the mend! Here's to your early release on Monday or Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you are up and around. Like the old saying goes "there's always someone who has way more problem than you" and I've always found that to be true, especially after my kidneys shut down and I was told 3 months later that had I waited another 2 or 3 days I would have been on the root side of the grass. Your food sure looks allot better than what they serve in the hospitals here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to be up walking around. Sounds like you know not to over do it; so I'll just encourage you to keep at it. The more healing you do in the hospital, the less stress you will put on Emiko.

    Please keep blogging. We are all following your progress.

    Bobh

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I guess my one week stay will be a cake walk in comparison."

    I can relate. On September 10 2001, I was in a hospital bed with a freshly-broken back. The next morning (and for my remaining two weeks in the hospital) the TV showed me I wasn't in nearly as bad of shape as some people.

    Glad to hear things are progressing nicely. Take as much R&R time now as you can stand, because it'll shorten the overall recovery time in the long run.

    - Vaughn

    ReplyDelete