Monday, November 22, 2010

I got some good news, some great news and some....... "I dunno"news...

The good news is I got my stitches out today!

What a relief they were starting to hurt, as my incision was healing over them, and as I would move they would hurt.

The great news I got was a confirmation that the biopsy on the lymph nodes shows negative, that is no spreading at all of any cancer outside of the malignant melanoma that was removed!

The "I dunno news" is that they want me to do a treatment with interferon, this will be 10 days a month for three months, daily injections. I think the doctor said Interferon Beta injections would be used, the injections are apparently painful, but Emiko tells me to buck up and wear my big boy briefs :)

All in all I'm very pleased, no cancer nothing wrong with the lymph nodes and some extra treatment to double down on not getting another bout of cancer, I'm not complaining!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Great news on the lymph nodes. Tell Emiko I LOVE her comment!!! After what she went through I think you're gonna have to suck thus up Stu ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that girl knows me by now :)
    I am sucking it up, no other choice you know :)

    ReplyDelete